Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

A new Knitting Book


After a busy morning of tennis and then knitting group, I buzzed off to Traverse City for some power shopping. I've been looking everywhere for a surplice type jacket for babies, as I think the style is very cute. Also, I knitted one already from a book I have in this house somewhere but I sure can't remember nor can I find the book. So, when I was in Border's today, I decided to have a look at a few of the new books I've heard mentioned on the Knitlist, and Socknitters, and was very impressed with a book called Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding. The Designs all use organic yarns, and I've been wanting to try some organic cotton. This is the perfect opportunity. I want to make every little sweater in the book, and even the two nursing sweaters look very attractive. Just what I need---more projects. LOL I'm going to post a picture of my EZ Gull sweater made from Valley cotton--it's turning out really cute. Now to find a baby girl who needs a new sweater. the Valley cotton is from Webs--their own brand, and is very nice and soft and non-splitty.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?