Sunday, September 17, 2006

 

September Sunday


Here we are, in September already and I've been so busy with tennis, gardening, and of course knitting. My friend Marcia commissioned me to make 5 sweaters for her nephews in Colorado, though she is a lovely knitter herself. She had fun designing the sweaters, and then going to the YarnMarket to pick out the yarn. I've finished 4 of the 5 sweaters now, and have the fifth on the needles. Pix to follow soon.

Here's a picture of grandson Jerome, who is 15 months old now, and great fun!!!! This picture was taken last month, when he spent a few days here with us in Frankfort, while mom and dad had a relaxing time in the UP. We had a lot of fun at the park, and he especially loves the swings. The date is wrong on the picture---this is an August photo.




Monday is nice!!!

I had a lovely tennis match this morning. I say lovely because this cooler weather makes for a pleasant game, though the wind was a factor, even without the heat. I love my tennis buddies and will hate to see them go off to various parts of the country in October. Then I guess it's back to Curves for me---or maybe not.

Here's a pic of a baby sweater I just finished, and I think it turned out really cute, if I do say so myself. The idea came from a pattern in the book Creature Comforts, but I made a few changes as usual.

Also a picture of a sweater made for the grandson of a tennis buddy. She is a wonderful sailor, so I hope she will like this little sailboat sweater from the Vogue Knit For Babies book.













I plan on photographing some of my finished socks soon, and get them online.

Comments:
Can't wait for the pics, Sharon. Keep posting about your knitting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?