Tuesday, March 06, 2007

 

March is cold!!!


We've had a cold start to March, so maybe the "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" will follow this spring. it's been more wintry this past couple of weeks than at any other time during the winter months.

We have been living away from our home for 3 weeks now. We are having our Michigan basement replaced, and ultimately that will be a good thing but right now it's scary and not so pleasant. The progress has been slow, since the weather has slowed down the block placement on several occasions. The digging out is over, and that was most traumatic for me, since the huge equipment had to drive right over and through my beautiful flower bed filled with old and well established perennials. Hopefully since the ground is frozen, the damage will be minimal, but there are several areas that are destroyed completely and we have no back porch at all. John will get busy on that this spring so we can get in and out of the house. I had a scare the other day as it looked like a huge scoop of dirt was plopped on my pond, but I looked carefully yesterday and it's still intact, though covered with a couple of feet of snow. Perhaps I can do some rearranging in the spring, and make the garden even more beautiful. I'll post a picture soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?