Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

Catch of the Day



Imagine my surprise when I looked down to see this monster Mangrove snapper on the end of my line. He sure did put up a fight but with a little patience and some help from hubby John, this big beauty was flopping on the bridge. He was 18 and 1/2 inches long---the biggest one I've ever caught. My previous record was 17 inches off the bridge. We took a few pix and ate him for dinner. YUM!! I look kind of funny in the picture because the wind was blowing about 35 mph and also I was trying to tell John how to work the camera. he was pretty patient about the whole thing. He'd had some really good luck the past two days, fishing with two really expert fishermen who invited him out on their boats. Lucky John!! They like having him go though since he is very competent and catches lots of BIG fish which they can then sell. Works out well for everybody.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?