Monday, January 05, 2009

 

Monday

So, we're all settled in. John is doing laundry and we are grateful for the use of a washer/dryer--it's a nice perk. We'll hang our clothes on the line though since it's cheaper for them.

We fished this morning or rather I did. John wandered over to the county park after I'd been there awhile and had caught a few fish. The bite stopped pretty abruptly though at 8:30. It's sunny and calm today with a high of 80 degrees forecast so the fish don't bite for long. We ate the fish for lunch. very yummy!!! When John was cleaning the fish in the back shed, he looked up and there was a stork waiting for a handout. Now we are used to herons and egrets begging but this is our first stork. Apparently he is a long time resident and has been begging fish for quite a while. He was only about 3 feet away. I tried taking pictures of him which was not easy since he was very suspicious of me. The best one is out of focus but I'll put it up anyway. On the way into the house I heard quite the racket, looked up and there was a pielated woodpecker. Big birds!!!! We also have really big hoot owls that like to chatter in the middle of the night. And did I mention that we are surrounded on 3 sides with 500 or so cows?? Also very noisy when the bulls are sorting out territory. Also, the flowers around here are lovely so I included a hibiscus too. I hope to get some fish pictures soon. Also there are scads of osprey, so I'll look for photo ops for them also.







Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?